By actively participating in and graduating from seminary and institute, youth and young adults will strengthen their testimonies of Jesus Christ, increase their scripture study skills, learn from others and through the Spirit, and be better prepared for their futures.
Requirements to Graduate in Institute
A total of 14 credits are required to graduate with diploma in Institute (8 Cornerstone course credits and 6 elective course credits).
Cornerstone courses are the following:
1. Jesus Christ and the Everlasting Gospel
2. Teachings and Doctrines of the Book of Mormon
3. Foundations of the Restoration
4. The Eternal Family
Elective Courses are any other courses offered including scripture-based courses.
Click this link to learn more: churchofjesuschrist.org/si/institute/about/institute-graduation
Requirements to earn a credit in every course:
- 75% minimum requirement for attendance
- At least 75% of the reading assignment read and marked
- Elevate Learning Experience
Requirements to graduate in seminary:
To qualify for seminary graduation, a student must complete eight semesters of seminary and receive an ecclesiastical endorsement:
- To complete a course of study, students must attend at least 75 percent of class sessions, read in the book of scripture for the course of study at least 75 percent of semester calendar days, and complete the course learning assessment with at least 75 percent.
- Make-up work should be done in a timely manner to complete the requirements for course completion.
Click this link to learn more: churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/a-guide-to-seminary-and-institute-graduation-exercises/stake-seminary-graduation-guide